Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 30 – Jim’s Trek – Happy New Year – You Are Now Entering Georgia

Good Day,

Happy New Year… and our illustrious government has taken a step to teeter on the Fiscal Cliff… Yeah. Wonder who fell off the Milk Cliff? Will all eights Maids a-Milking keep their jobs in the 2013?

But then again I am only concerned in searching for my Interlake points on my Trek across this county of United States.

This morning I crossed the St. Marys River, (and yes there is no apostrophe in the name of Mary), from Florida into Georgia.



Georgia! Another of my small goals. Hurrah!!! I cycled on my Schwinn 150 16.0 miles. My total miles today 375.5 miles; only 88.6% left of my complete 3,301.0 Tampa to Seattle goal. I am currently at the intersection of GA-121 N/GA-15 N/GA-4 N/US-23 N aka the Jacksonville Highway; Newell Road; and Grace Chapel Road. The Google Map image is from 2007 when the State road was under construction. I have passed through Folkston, Georgia



Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles Left to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 375.5 2,925.5 11.38% 5,623.8 174.0

Jim’s Trek stats – Number of Pageviews, since November 28 start:

November – 157;
December – 2,797; and
Average Pageviews per day – 90.

Supper on New Year’s Eve was barbecued hamburgers and Hoppin’ John on rice. And I pigged out, and there is a lot left-over. Accordingly, in the southern United States, eating Hoppin’ John on New Year’s Day is thought to bring a prosperous year filled with luck… And eating leftover Hoppin’ John is called Skippin’ Jenny… can bring the hope for an even better chance of prosperity in the New Year. Guess what we’re having for supper?  I suggest a round for both Houses...

Upstairs, Downstairs – Public school, Thimble, and a sacking. I’m keeping up with the episodes.

2013 is another goal achieved… The answer 22 is greater than 17.

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment