Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 139 – Jim’s Trek – 21.4 Miles – From This Valley They Say You are Trekking…

Good Day,

The day begins. Out of bed, the Pack goes out, there is a cacophony of five canines demanding their repast, the barking, the howling, the growling, the bowls are filled and placed on the floor, the noisy slurping and chomping of kibbles and bits, the meds apportioned, the testing for sugar levels, a quiet hush falls over the house. Computers are turned on. My Trek begins.



This morning I completed 21.4 miles on my Schwinn 150 Trek and I burned 602 calories. I am currently located on the Lord Selkirk Highway just south of Morris, Manitoba. The highway seems to parallel the Red River. I have now completed 2,456.0 miles of my Tampa to Seattle Trek. And since I began this journey I am now averaging 17.9 miles each day that I get on my Schwinn 150. I haven’t given out, nor have I given up.


Finished the last part of Soul Kitchen… all the complications worked out. Typical “nice” German movie with English subtitles of a main character wanting to succeed, experiencing every type of physical, relationship and business-type problem…dann all Ende gut.

I next tuned in the Sir John Gielgud’s 1986 made-for-TV version of Oscar Wilde’s The Canterville Ghost. I watched the first half. Fair…but I really prefer the original 1944 version.

Cosmos’ Moon just left Salina, Kansas this morning as EssbeeCon just arrived in Doraville, Georgia. Our three – Coral Steps, Colored Windows II, and MEM911 are in preparation from Illinois to Ireland. And construction on our new Equality quilt continues. Check out Quilts SB for our updates and progress.

And no, it is not me on the banjo... Nor the fiddle.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment