Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 33 – (AD 256) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.5 Miles – Yup, The Rockies Again on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning I cycled another 21.5 miles on my Schwinn 150. Counting, I have cycled almost 256 consecutive days since I began my cycling regime and my Trek from Tampa to Seattle and return to Tampa… I am now just shy of reaching my 5,000 mile goal. I think I should touch that within the next couple of days.

And only 100 more days to complete one complete year, and 450 more miles to go to my next Interlake goal.


At the City of Susanville, population around 18,000 and at an elevation of 4186 feet, I turned southwest off CA-139 S on to CA 36-W. The next community I should pass is Coppervale, California, and it appears that I will be cycling upwards to an elevation of 5203 feet. The resistance that I am currently using on my Schwinn 150 is 10 of 15. Tomorrow I will increase to 11 to stimulate that upward sensation.

And the droning continues. Is this white noise? Or is this something that is just purposely set to drive me bonkers. The definition from Collins is that it is a “sound or electrical noise that has a relatively wide continuous range of frequencies of uniform intensity.” The noise produced by the dryers and the humidifiers in this house is a “sound”, an “electrical noise”, and it is “of uniform intensity”. Is it white?


For the time being this kitchen is closed.

New learning for today - Pixel - Voxel - Doxel albeit 2D - 3D - 4D… As the researchers continue, and of course I may be way off the mark, this appears to be the way we are configuring computers to visualize and think conceptually as close to humans. “Researchers believe their approach is similar to how scientists believe the brain combines prior knowledge with sensory information and they now hope to be able to show what’s happening in the brain in a realistic way.” (RT, Aug 23, 2013)

And my viewing continues with the next episode of Mad Men in Season 3. The beginnings of a number of new themes are introduced including two new characters and the use of marijuana in the work place.

Well I think I will get back to my reading: Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World; Julia Cameron’s The Artist’s Way; Jack Foster’s How To Get Ideas; and Carla Snyder’s One Pan, Two Plates.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment