Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 35 - (AD 465) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.4 Miles – Headed Northwest in Australia On My New Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This late afternoon I cycled an additional 21.4 miles on my new Schwinn 170. This morning I was asked to volunteer at the FHC. I did and I postponed my cycling exercise until the afternoon.


The above inserted Google Map shows my first three destination points in my Jim’s Trek III in Australia. A – Sydney, B- Canberra, and C- Melbourne. I’m now cycling to my 4th destination and goal point. 

And as of today, April 1st, it appears that Google has issued a new version of Google Maps.  (Just wondering if this is not an April Fool's joke.)  There are so many versions of Google things out there in Internetland that at times I get pretty well confused…pretty fast.  Something slick about the new Google Maps is that it does not just move on the screen in a horizontal, vertical, and diagonal directions, it now moves in a sort-of spherical format movement.

Here is the new format.


Today I have reached the 747.8 miles in Australia as a part of my Jim’s Trek III-170, overall 9,364.9.  I am located and headed in a northerly direction on Ballan-Geelong Road in Victoria. I am just about to get to the intersection of Gearys Lane. Based on the new Google Maps calculation I have 411 miles, 662 kilometers until my next destination and goal point.


Supper last night, completely experimental – Rooz Ma Lahem and a Cucumber and Kumato Onion Salad with Orange Almond Butter Dressing. Blood sugar this morning was 94.  Supper was good...

Check out the amaryllises. Our weeks of spring in Tampa are now over. Summer begins.

Andy and I just received notice that our Blumish Two quilt has been accepted for display at the Vermont Quilt Festival.  The dates of the show are from June 22nd through June 29th.  Check this link at Quilts SB to view our details of our Blumish Two.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment