Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day 36 - (AD 466) – Jim's Trek Part III – Miles – Eureka, Victoria On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Well I got waylaid this morning for a couple of hours attempting to understand and fix a money transfer issue. I won’t bore you with the details but read my synopsis of what I think I understand below.

This morning I decided that I would try to use one of the preset programs on my new Schwinn 170. I entered in the mileage that I wanted to complete, 22 miles. I picked the Pike’s Peak program. The data entry, after I discovered the User’s Manual online, was relatively easy. And I completed 22.0 miles and burned 558 calories. As I did not enter any time limit the exercise journey on the Pike’s Peak program, (sorry about the alliteration), took me 1 hour and 17 minutes. But I completed 22.0 miles. My grand total miles now stand at 9,386.9; in kilometers 15,106.8. And that’s the real part of the Trek.


And for my virtual Trek, today I am on Fussell Street on the eastern border of Eureka, a suburb of Ballarat in Victoria, Australia, population of about 86,000. I will be heading in a northwesterly direction for about the next 20 days. And to BB, thanks for asking but I do spend my nights in my own bed here in Tampa. Jim’s Trek, the virtual voyage just came about as an idea to alleviate the possible boredom and tedious drone of exercising. And my days of sleeping out in the open, on the ground, and in a tent have long gone. The Australian part of my Trek now totals 769.8 miles or about 1,238.9 kilometers.


Et j'aurai 99 ans en 2050. (For the Anglophones – And I will be 99 years old in 2050. A very interesting and curious article from Forbes, 21 March 2014 – Want to Know The Language of the Future? The Data Suggests It Could Be…French.

And so I had to, still have to, prove why a regular monthly payment that I receive is short because the company wants to know why I am not getting what they think I should be getting. Huh? Am I missing something? Read what I am writing. I am, accordingly, not getting enough. I am being shorted. I did NOT make the calculation. I did NOT initiate the movement of funds. I am not in control of either the calculation or the movement. I would have gone along my merry way and not known anything about the shortage until THEY brought to my attention…and NOW I have to prove and gather the information as to why I did NOT get what I was supposed to get. Huh? Can someone please book me on the first plane out to Pluto?

The paper is out. We’re working on the draft of the design of our new H-2 quilt and wall hanging. And once I figure it out I will begin to let you in on Andy’s and my quilting strategy and goals. Stay tuned to Quilts SB.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment