Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 45 - (AD 475) – Jim's Trek Part III – 20.9 Miles – Kaniva, Victoria, Australia On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,


This morning I cycled another 20.9 miles on my Schwinn 170. Only 424.4 more to go. I am still on track, so-to-speak, to hit my all-time goal on about Saturday, May 3, 2014.

Today, on my virtual Trek I am just at the small Town of Kaniva, population of about 1,070. Kaniva is about halfway between Melbourne and Adelaide. I am located on the National/Western Highway and just at the western edge of the town. Accordingly, this is the area of the range of the rare Red-tailed Black Cockatoo.

This image, which was originally posted to Flickr.com, was uploaded to Commons using Flickr upload bot on 13:31, 13 March 2009 (UTC) by Snowmanradio (talk). This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.

Last night, sometime early this morning when I was walking The Pack at about 1:00 am there seemed to be some bird that was just about intent of having a conversation with me. For quite a number of years I have always had the not-too-skilled ability at echoing a bird’s whistle, tweet, or call. This is definitely not a skill that I would brag or boast about. I just like trying to repeat and copy the trill, the cadence, and the sound that a bird may make when I am about and walking.

Well last night I walked The Pack past the clump of yellow bamboo growing at the edge of my property. Some bird was definitely whistling, chirping, squawking, and “hollering” to beat the band. And I echoed. For a good bit of time I just carried on a resounding echo-conversation with said bird. I then walked away.

I continued the walk with The Pack and when I came back, ready to call it for a night, the bird, it/she/he decided that it wanted to carry on our crazy bird-talk conversation. I couldn’t see the bird, and praise be that no-one was awake on the street in the neighborhood at that hour of the morning. Each of The Pack kept looking up into the bamboo in anticipation.

We never saw the bird. And hell if I knew what I was echoing. Maybe tonight?

Very good article - Creativity and the Brain: What We Can Learn From Jazz Musicians.  Katrina Schwartz | April 11, 2014 |

"Creating is core to the human experience throughout time, Limb says. “The brain has been hard wired to seek creative or artistic endeavors forever,” he said. “We don’t need it to survive, you wouldn’t think, and yet the brain wants it and seeks it.”"

And all three - Emotional, Physical, and Intellectual, of my primary biorhythms are at the bottom of charts.  A Day to take it easy.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment