Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 49 - (AD 479) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.2 Miles – Culburra, South Australia On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 21.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. I am getting closer and closer. Once I reach this goal I will have completed 40.2% of another major goal, but I’m not going to think about that one yet. But just think about the possibility that I could be trying to record such a goal pedaling on my Schwinn 170.

Oh and this is my 501st posting to my blog since I began Jim’s Trek.


Today’s virtual Trek has me located at the Settlement of Culburra in South Australia. When checking the population on Wikipedia it is either recorded as 10 or 304. As always, one must certainly take what’s inscribed in Internetland with a small grain of salt.

I visited Trader Joe's for the first time in my life yesterday. I was taken aback as I think I expected a lot more based on all the press it had recently received and the fact that so many people rushed to the opening of the new one in Tampa.

Yesterday, I was able to get a parking space with no problem. All-things-being-equal it appeared that I was able to manipulate my cart through the very few aisles of persons who were adamant of being there and securing Trader Joe's treasures from the counters and shelves. No one seemed to be smiling; they seemed to be just blocking and creating a maze of wire basket aisle runs. But the staff was pleasant. Thank you, Stefano. My own personal observation and comparison: a compact version of Whole Foods and The Fresh Market… with a much less variety and offering of products. I think I will reserve the extra 24 miles return trip and go with the shorter one to the WF and TFM near my home.

This morning’s viewing and pedaling companion of Fringe Episode 56, I experienced another instance of synchronicity. (Thank you, Julia Cameron.) A character at a bar in the Alternate Universe mentions the names of Drs. Crick and Watson. (See my Jim’s Trek posting on Monday, April 14.) I have been considering and working through a design of a new quilt and wall hanging inspired by a portion of Dali’s work Galacidalacidesoxyribonucleiecacid. (Try saying that three times fast, let alone saying it once.) Oh and by the way the Fringe Alternate Universe seems to have got rids of bugs, sort of.

Andy and I received notice that our Blumish Two quilt has been chosen to be included in the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum's third biennial Quilt Challenge in Golden, Colorado, July 31 through October 28, 2014. Check Quilts SB for our Blumish Two details


If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment