Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Day 52 - (AD 482) – Jim's Trek Part III – 20.1 Miles – Murray Bridge, South Australia On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,


Happy Easter and may the chocolate bilbies cuddle up to you in your dreams.

This early morning I cycled 20.1 miles on my Schwinn 150. I have now crossed the 1,100 mile mark since I began Jim’s Trek III. That mark is now 1,107.3 miles. All together I have now pedaled 9,724.4 miles on my Schwinn stationary bikes since 2 December 2012. I have only 275.6 more miles to go to reach a new grand total of 10,000 miles.


This morning I am now headed, virtually, in a northwesterly direction. I am located on the Old Princes Highway and just southwest of Murray Bridge East.

Well having a strawberry milkshake covered in chocolate syrup at 10:30 last night can certainly guarantee that my blood sugar will spike. And it did this morning to 126. And today is the day of chocolate and jelly beans and food but I realized that I do not need to be taking any type of diabetes medication, albeit chemicals to further poison or "fix" myself. I just won’t duplicate the mistake of late night milkshakes again. Hell I wish knew what I was thinking. But I was good; I did not have any of the whipped cream. And I just looked up the nutritional counts for the Steak and Shake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milk Shake, and I am sitting down; 760 calories, 122 carbs, etc., etc. One day’s worth of my daily routine…gone!

And as I gorge myself on chocolate here is a thought from About from the Internetland

Easter is the oldest Christian holiday, but how much of the most public and common celebrations of Easter today remain Christian in nature? Many people go to church — far more than go the rest of the year — but what else? Easter candy isn’t Christian. The Easter bunny isn’t Christian. Easter eggs aren’t Christian. Most of what people commonly associate with Easter is pagan in origin; the rest is commercial. Just as American culture secularized Christmas, it’s secularizing Easter…
A focus of spring religious festivals was a god whose own death and rebirth symbolized the death and rebirth of life during this time of the year. Many pagan religions had gods who were depicted as dying and being reborn. In some legends this god even descends into the underworld to challenge the forces there. Attis, consort of the Phrygian fertility goddess Cybele, was more popular than most. In other cultures he acquired different names, including Osiris, Orpheus, Dionysus, and Tammuz...

Today’s work on H-3 will be the placement of the kaleidoscopes. In my design I will be trying to make sure that there is a cohesive pathway between all three of our H-Series quilts and wall hangings.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment