Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Day 126 – (AD 556) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.0 Miles – My 5th Destination Goal Reached in Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. And the real part of my Trek in 556 days now totals 11,312.8 miles or 18,205.7 kilometers.


And on the virtual part of Jim’s Trek III I have now hit 5 of my 16 goals and destination points. Total Trek III mileage pedaled 2,695.4; 4,337.8 kilometers.

I reached my 5th destination and goal in Western Australia at the port city of Albany, population about 33,600. I started Jim’s Trek III at my first destination Sydney. That is my 1st goal and 0.0 mile. I then proceeded on to Canberra, (#2), pedaling on my Schwinn 170 for 235.3 miles. Next #3 Melbourne; #4 Adelaide; and now Albany #5.


I am now setting my sights on my 6th destination and goal point. And at that point I should have pedaled at least 11,500 miles. Methinks that I will be able to do that in about 10 days.

There seems to be concern about the amount of money Hillary Clinton, former First Lady, U.S. Senator, and Secretary of State, received for talking. Well if Donald Trump can “rent himself out for private parties for $300,000 a $%#@ing hour” what is the issue? If there are those who are willing to pay the fee and the associated ticket prices, why not? Something to think about is that if a speaker/celebrity may have been paid $5,000 in 1900 the approximate equivalent, in 2013, is in the ballpark of $140,000. And in 2009 Glenn Beck earned $3 million in speaking fees. I am not proselytizing anything or promulgating either side of the aisle. I am just considering stones and glass houses and John 8:7.

Last night supper resulted in a 5-point reduction in my blood sugar. I clocked 90 mg/dL. Supper was a strange twist on I’ve got to have nachos. Corn chips, Cuban pulled pork, onion, Greek eggplant bruschetta, pickled carrots and jalapeños, and Mexican-blend cheese. Different combination… International nachos? Would I try it again? Only if I was wanting, and needing to clear out some things in the kitchen and from the refrigerator.

I have reached the final chapter of Julia Cameron’s third book, Finding Water of her The Artist’s Way series. This is a journey of realizing one’s inner and creative spirit and artist. Thank you Julia Cameron for teaching and sharing with me. Thank you for imparting your journey.

And if you have a mere $350,000 burning a hole in your pocket or safe you could always turn to the Japanese firm of Skakibara-Kikai. I wonder if this commercial battle-mech, called Land Walker would certainly confirm with the new Georgia Safe Carry Protections Act. My issues are that this 10-foot Land Walker only moves at about one mile an hour and its guns only shoot squishy pink balls. Watch out Teletubbies, you’ve got a Georgian friend.

This moment’s Pageviews’ count is 43,528. The overall average is now up to 75 daily pageviews. Bit by bit…and I just 19 shy of 600 Jim’s Trek posts.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment