Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 138 – (AD 568) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.7 Miles – Headed North in Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled another 21.7 miles on my Schwinn 170.

I am curious as to why it appears that 21.7 miles seems to be a consistent distant that I pedal on my Schwinn Fitness cycle.  My daily targets are at least 20 miles and a burn-up of almost 600 calories.  I do try not to pedal beyond 1 hour and 12 minutes each session.


Today I am headed north on Old Coast Road which is running parallel to Lake Clifton. I am just north of the junction of Old Coast Road and Forrest Highway. Also I am 76.2 miles from my next destination and goal point.

If you have been following my Jim’s Trek III you may be able to figure out my next and 7th goal point. It is what may appear after #7 that I wonder what the landscape and scenery may look like... for a very, very, very long time.

Here are my recorded stats as of today –
  • Location – Home, Tampa, Florida
  • Virtual Location – Western Australia
  • Start Date – 2 December 2012
  • Today's Date – 19 July 2014
  • Trek Distance – Today 21.7 miles
  • Trek Distance Part I – 4,257.1 miles
  • Trek Distance Part II – 4,360.0 miles
  • Trek Distance Part III – 2,949.6 miles
  • Grand Total Miles – 11,566.7
  • Miles to Go – Many more
  • Avg. Miles per Day – 20.4
  • Calories Burned Today - 606
  • Number of Sit-ups - 200
  • Weight –165.7 lbs; Total Loss – 3.5 lbs
  • BMI – 23.1
  • Fat – 19.5%
  • Belly Measurement – 32”; Total Loss – 12”
  • Blood Sugar - 91 mg/dL
  • A1c ~ 5.00%
  • eAG ~ 89.0 mg/dL
  • Blood Pressure – 130/80
  • Age – 62 yrs, 7 mths
This is my 595th post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded 45,036 Pageviews.

I was able to drop my fasting blood sugar points down by 9. Last night for supper I experimented with a recipe I found – Calypso Steak Salad. Not bad, I would definitely repeat. I substituted Roast beef for the beef strip steaks. Mango/Peach Salsa, Lime juice, Red Onion, Green Bell Pepper, Cilantro, of course I added a chopped up Scotch Bonnet and all on a bed of Romaine lettuce. I had visions of ceviche, sans the seafood playing with my taste buds…and it was gone before I thought of taking a photo. It was good.

Thank you Schwinn Fitness and Bowflex for your commendations and notes of encouragement. Thanks also to those of you who have been rooting me along my way and Trek.

The inner top of our new Le Ruban has been quilted. And now the border. Be prepared for something completely different.


I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment