Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Day 155 1/2 – (AD 585 1/2) – Jim's Trek Part III – Zero Miles – Resting Today in Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today began early, and I had to run a number of errands first thing this morning. And so I decided that I could afford to take a day off my cycling on my Schwinn 170.

But I have to tell you that I sort of felt guilty and I certainly contemplated trying to fit in an hour's pedaling before I was, no put intended, off and running. And yes I got caught in the early traffic tie up on Veterans Expressway.  (Again no pun intended...nor any express.)

Today, I believe is the 29th day that I have "rested" from pedaling since I began on December 2, 2012. I have cycled 585 days over a period of 614 days. Not bad if I say so myself.

This morning my first errand was at the Unitarian Universalists Church in Clearwater. I am now currently at the LDS Family History Center in Odessa. A distance of 25.5 miles. And I am working on two of my favorite past times - Quilting and Genealogy.

My blood sugar count this morning was 91. And the Sous Vide burger I attempted last night was extra good. The secret was the vacuum-sealing in a metal coral, and I did not have to deal with a squished burger.

Before Sous Vide and Grilling


After Sous Vide and Grilling and Before Devoured...

For consideration - "Small events seem important in the present but it’s really the body of work that matters. Look at the big picture instead of this moment, the short term especially if the gossip, rumors, and drama include you." From Jessica Miller-Merrell's Blogging 4 Jobs and her post "How to Deal with Petty Bullshit at Work (& Life)

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment