Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day 161 – (AD 591) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.0 Miles – Thinking About Aging In Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This afternoon I cycled 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 170…and yes I did say this afternoon. I had to adjust my schedule a bit. Today, as part of Jim’s Trek III, I have now pedaled 3,452.6 miles, 28.6% of the total miles of my total.

Not that I am expecting any more drastic changes in my physical and mental state but I am beginning to wonder if there may be a change, hypothetically speaking, to my life span. Please do NOT think that I am postulating or proposing anything of the sort…I am just wondering. And I stumbled upon a 2012 article from Medical News Today by Sarah Glynn, “Exercising Regularly Increases Life Span Even If Overweight”.

The discussion indicates that a physically active person who has an average weight, or BMI of 18.5 to 24.9 had a gain of life expectancy. Well my BMI is now at 22.5. It has reduced considerably since I began my exercise routine. I would like to get it down another 2.5 points to a flat 20.0. We'll see. Hey, and if they ever improved public transportation here in Tampa, I could just walk outside and get hit by a bus.


This afternoon I am located, virtually, on National Route 1, and I am still in the Outback. I am headed north and I am now 1,038 miles from my next destination and goal point.

Oh and I guess this list cannot work for me. I think I have to skip out on number 92. “100 Ways To Live To 100” (Huffington Post).

Pageviews for Jim’s Trek now equal 46,866.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment