Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 166 – (AD 596) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.9 Miles – Any of You Would think I am Not In Western Australia on My Schwinn 170?

Good Day,

An early morning today… Had to get up and take Radar, aka Reddy, you know the wicked-looking puppy with the humungous ears, to the Vet’s. Poor tyke has a sort of swelling under his armpit and most definitely was a bit of agitated and somewhere else. Just waiting for the diagnosis, with the three other members of The Pack huddled around me as the clouds have just broken open.

Yes, it is Tampa in the good ole summertime.


But in the meantime I just completed 21.9 miles on my Schwinn 170. My total miles to date now equal 12,177.9; 19,598.5 kilometers.

I need to ask. Is it my imagination or has nothing really, really changed?

I read or turn on the news and all the stories seem to have a warped sense of time for me. Pope in Korea; Russia and the EU and Eastern Ukraine; Ebola gloves and fatalities. Riots and National Guard in Ferguson; Ransacking of make-shift hospital in Liberia; Gaza and West Bank and international waters; Governor of Texas, alleged abuse of power; Air roles in Iraq; Former VA Governor trial; Health systems’ cyber-attack.

Have we not learned anything? And everyone blames someone else. Is the world getting smaller?

I do not claim any type of “holier-than-thou” stance in this world, but “Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but don’t consider the beam that is in your own eye?” (Matthew 7:3, World English Bible).

And “O you who believe, why do you say what you do not do?” (Quran 61:2).

And again “I wonder whether there is anyone in this generation who accepts reproof, for if one says to him, ‘Remove the more from between your eyes,’ he would answer, ‘Remove the beam from between your eyes!” (Torah Arachin 16b).

I am not, or claim to be a religious scholar. Just asking.

Pageviews for Jim’s Trek now total, at this point in time, 47,155.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day. Visine works.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment