Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Day 197 – (AD 627) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.4 Miles – 658th Post – My Schwinn Fitness Cycles

Good Day,

This morning I chose to crank up a manual program on my Schwinn 170; 12 resistance and 70 minutes. I cycled 21.4 miles and burned 611 calories. My total miles pedaled now equal 12,854.2; 20,686.9 kilometers in 627 days. I have completed 51.62% of my intended and overall goal since I began on December 2, 2012. And I’m still going.


Today I crossed over the De Grey River in northern Western Australia. I am still located on the Great Northern Highway and just about 323 miles from my next destination and goal point. And the road image from Google Maps is different…but it is still bloody boring. Just a lot of red dirt and empty space.

My blood sugar was up to 104 because of what I ate yesterday at Red Lobster. Once in a blue moon when they have the shrimp special I get a craving. And of course I have to eat a number of biscuits.   But there is some mental justification going on in my head as I'm sitting at a table that is in a main passage way of the incoming and out-going patrons. My justification: I felt thin.

I think I had four and 1/2 biscuits... And then I consumed one and a half baked potatoes, Shrimp Sriracha, Shrimp scampi, Shrimp scampi, Coconut shrimp, Shrimp Parmesan, and Shrimp scampi... and Coconut shrimp. And then I had the Chocolate Wave cake with vanilla ice cream and I had a Caesar salad. But I was good. I had it without croutons.



I just knew that after pigging out on Thursday, and all the shrimp and chocolate cake and biscuits, I would see a spike in my blood sugar. I just knew. Guess I need to take it easy concerning what I eat for the next couple of days in order to offset the increase.

My three month average is 95.1 mg/dL which translates to an A1c of less than 5.11. I’m still keeping my diabetes in check and I have gone 1 year and 2 months without any diabetes medication.

Jim’s Trek realized 50,360 pageviews as of total.
Afghan status: Afghan #5 - all strips created; Afghan #6 - Completed. Stay tuned for an update to Afghans SB; Afghan #7 - started.  We are now connecting and attaching the binding to our new Sleep Jezebel.

It is now averaging just over, according to Blogger, 76.5 pageviews daily. Not bad for this crazy Trek.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment