Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day 238 – (AD 668) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.4 Miles – Victoria Highway On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today’s pedaling – 21.4 miles on my Schwinn 170. Grand total now 13,744.2 miles, 22,119.2 kilometers.


This morning, on my virtual Trek I turned off the Great Northern Highway onto the National Highway 1 or Victoria Highway. I do like the green scenery as provided 6 years ago by the Google Map program.  So I'm virtually back in time.

For supper last night I attempted - Chicken Piccata with Rainbow Chard and Old Bay Roasted Japanese Sweet Potatoes. It was very, very good.

And then for some reason about 2 hours later I got into one of those “I-just-gotta-eat” moods. And I started glomming anything and everything that I could find…to the point that when I got ready for bed I just had to take two Alka-Seltzer fruit chew antacids.

I just discovered that this over-the counter medications is not necessarily approved by the FDA. The active ingredient, per chew is “750 mg of Calcium carbonate”. The following are the “Inactive Ingredients” –

 “acacia, beeswax, carmine, carnauba wax, citric acid, corn starch, corn syrup, DL-alpha tocopherol, FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #5 lake (tartrazine), FD&C yellow #6, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 lake, flavors, hydrogenated coconut oil, medium chain triglycerides, methyl paraben, modified starch, phosphoric acid, pregelatinized modified starch, propyl paraben, propylene glycol, purified water, shellac, sodium benzoate, sorbic acid, sorbitol, soy lecithin, sucrose, titanium dioxide

My blood sugar this morning was up by 11 points to 110. One tablespoon of corn syrup has 16 grams of carbohydrates. Just wondering what's the hit of carbs I’m ingesting late at night with two Alka Seltzer Fruit Chewables? The only thing a can say is that I’ve noticed a bit of a spike in my morning sugar count after I drop two.

I wonder if the protein bars on the 2013 movie I watched, Snowpiercer had anything thing to do with my cravings. The protein bars were the food of sustenance for the passengers in the tail-end of the train. They, the bars, were created from what appeared to be protein from cockroaches and other insects.

Did I ever mention that I like apocalyptic and end-of-times books and films? Yup, and my viewing companion right now while I pedal is The 100. Who’d have thought that I'd find a Syfy series on the Country Western TV network? I certainly didn’t.

Break out the trombones and the balloons, the politicians have won. Incumbents have been returned and redundant officeholders have been replaced by more redundancy. I must be just a wee bit daft, but is there not a far better use of political ad monies and expenditures for something credible and beneficial to the American public than the obtuse idiocy of a Congress of dim-witted ne’er-do-wells?



Oh, and I found and was accepted to a new “completely free to use” online social media site, Ello. Ello began about this past July and “is a simple, beautiful, and ad-free social network created by a small group of artists and designers.

This is my 705th post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 54,608 Pageviews.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment