Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, November 7, 2014

Day 239 – (AD 669) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.0 Miles – Just A Little Bit More in Western Australia On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. My total miles now equal 13,766.2; 22,154.6 kilometers.

I am now just shy of 2 years, (actually 1.93 years), that I embarked on this weird and crazy Trek. Today is my 669th day of pedaling. I have not cycled 37 days since I began on December 2, 2012. And my diabetes, my heart, my weight, maybe not my mind, are still under control.


This morning I trekked through the town of Kununurra. It is approximately 23 miles from the state border between Western Australia and Northern Territory. I can’t believe that I have pedaled the approximate equivalent of the perimeter of the state of Western Australia. The average rainfall for November in this area is about 2.8 inches.

I now have about 13.3 miles to go from my location to the state border. Once I reach the border I will have completed 55.34% of my journey through Australia. (Yes, I am a bit crazy.)

Here’s a thought from SidneyRose Reynen made within the last 24 hours at LSUreveille.com “In their native tongue, “small government” translates to “no government at all.” And as the people behind every government shutdown since 1995, voters are in for disappointment when they realize that the Republican Party will get absolutely nothing done..


Today is the Feast Day of Saint Willibrord. Two choices for feasting recipes – Galuschde or German meatballs with Sour Cream Gravy.

The back fabric has arrived for our new quilt, NT Celebration.

This is my 706th post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 54,683 Pageviews.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment