Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day 241 – (AD 671) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.1 Miles – Just Doing and Thinking On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 21.1 miles on my Schwinn 170. I am currently pedaling at a rate of 18.3 miles per hour. Not bad for an almost 63-year old gent. (But I guess the mind must be someplace in the Outback as I had to ask how old am I going to be on my next birthday.) I have now crossed over 13,800 miles: 13,809.4 miles; 22,224.1 kilometers.

Today I am located on the National 1 or Victoria Highway. I am headed in a somewhat east-north-easterly direction. It looks like I will drive into my next destination and goal point in about 25 days.


Good day G and thanks for the acknowledgement – “I was interested to see on your website that you’re doing a ‘virtual’ cycling tour of Australia where I live. Looks like you’ve been doing a lot of hot, hard pedaling in the Outback. I’ve travelled from Melbourne to Perth across the Nullarbor Plain a few times – plenty of nothing out there!

My blood sugar spiked up 21 points this morning. Lesson learned - not a good idea to binge-watch a Cooking Network series any evening after supper. I have come to the conclusion that there are not enough days or meals to eat everything that I would like to eat. Tonight I am going to try a make Gado Gado, an Indonesian Salad. Check back tomorrow to see if this might bring down the blood sugar.

Check out a great concept the Cultural Institute Art Project. The World Wonders Project. Archive exhibitions. Thank you Google.

I just posted my 1,100th post to A Genealogy Hunt – Part 888sr – Smith Robertson Genealogy – GGG-Grand Uncle John Robertson – A Poet – Oldhamstocks. A Genealogy Hunt has a new URL address - http://agenealogyhunt.com/

This is my 708th Jim’s Trek post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 54,889 Pageviews.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment