Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 242 – (AD 672) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.8 Miles – He’s Gone Again On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today’s routine – 21.8 miles on my Schwinn 170 and 200 sit-ups. I have now pedaled 13,831.2 miles; 22,259.2 kilometers. And I completed another 200 sit-ups. That’s the real part.


This morning on the virtual Trek I am headed, I think in an easterly direction and I am located on Victoria Highway in Baines in Northern Territory. (I’m still in Australia.) But I think the Google drag-on-man disappears at that white line in the road. I think he reappears sown somewhat at about the turnoff to Saddle Creek.

My blood sugar dropped 6 points this morning to 105. And I loved my version of Gado Gado. The Bumbu, the peanut sauce was the best. Of course I had to have; I just had to have a double helping. The Gado Gado included – Napa Cabbage, Mung Bean Sprouts, Cauliflower, Tomato, Carrots, English Cucumber, Radishes, and Green Onion, Chicken poached in Coconut Milk, Hard boiled Eggs, Cilantro, Peanuts, and Green Beans… (Breathe.) Some of the ingredients were blanched, some poached, and some raw.


And in the Bumbu – Chunky Peanut Butter, Chili Peppers, Sriracha Chili, Long Green Peppers, Garlic, Fish Sauce, Palm Sugar, Worcestershire Sauce (I didn’t have any Tamarind Sauce), Soya Sauce. I think I got it all. And would I make Gado Gado again… Hell yes.


Then there was the Ben & Jerry’s. Oh yes, this is now my 480th Day free of any diabetes medications.

The quilting work progresses on our new Equality quilt. Just the quilting to complete one block takes about 3 hours. Figure that out, 81 blocks times 3 hours each. 243 hours just to quilt the blocks. And then there is the border quilting to do.



And D I would have recognized your voice…even if it has been close to 40 years. Damn!!!

An amazing video of lightning over Houston taken by US Astronaut Reid Wiseman who just returned from a 165-day stay aboard the International Space Station certainly makes me think who small and somewhat insignificant I am. It never really hit me that one could be above lightning.



This is my 709th Jim’s Trek post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 54,988 Pageviews.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment