Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 244 – (AD 674) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.8 Miles – Another Early Afternoon On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This afternoon I pedaled 21.8 miles on my Schwinn 170. More early morning appointments.

I’m testing out my impulse to keep on cycling every single day no matter what time it is. I know it is much better for me to keep my routine to a specific time slot but I think I have gone beyond that. I now have it entrenched in my grey matter that I need to cycle. I need to cycle. I need to pedal. I have now racked up 13,874.3 miles; 22,328.6 kilometers.


I am currently on Victoria Highway in Baines, Northern Territory. And today I officially, and virtually, have completed 50.09% of my Trek through Australia.

Blood sugar spike this morning, and of course just before my doctor’s appointment. I climbed up 23 points. Praise be that my A1c is still 5.40%. And it is definitely possible for an overnight spike when I am still crunching down on leftover M&Ms from Halloween, a DQ double dipped chocolate cone, and a Canada Dry ginger ale at 10:30 pm. I just knew that I would be sugar swinging up and down from late October to the beginning of January 2015.

I think some people are ignorant and damn right rude considering the use of cell phones in public and private places. And I was generalizing when I previously wrote that the height of ignorance was specific to one segment of our society.

Picture this, doctor's waiting room receiving station, cell phone stuck to ear, hearing aid obviously not turned on, dressed in gold polyester lamé, Southern twang, cackling laugh, belief that everyone has to be accountable to personal conversation... I'm not sure that I care about where the Melons are or about the adoption of the runts of litter. Cackle, cackle, cackle and medical diagnosis conversation with Trish is of no bloody interest to me... Or to any one else waiting patiently and quietly, hoping that each appointment time comes much more quickly than expected. And the icing on the cake..."Sweetheart, I just couldn't get her off the phone."

I’m trying to get my mind around the oxymoronic antics of our Congress…

According to Jerry Nadler (NY) regarding sponsoring a bill called A.R.T. – Americans Royalties Too – “the bill may escape partisan gridlock. "Intellectual property is a very unusual area in Congress. You as a general rule, you can not predict where someone is going to be on an issue like this or on music licensing by knowing that he's a Democrat or Republican."

This is my 711th Jim’s Trek post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 55,099 Pageviews.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment