Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Day 247 ½ – (AD 677 ½) – Jim's Trek Part III – No Miles Today on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I decided to take a day off from pedaling on my Schwinn 170. The house needs to be cleaned and this housekeeper only works on the occasional Sunday. Also there is a little voice in me head telling me to take a non-pedaling day.  Believe it or not my biorhythm today for my physical cycle is at 0%.  Seriously!

My blood sugar count this morning jumped 16 points to 117. Yes I can say it is my fault. Hell all food that enters my mouth is only my culpability.

But I just had to get rid of the pound of salt-water taffy that was just sitting staring at me in the refrigerator. With each one I plopped into my mouth last night I keep saying that I know that my blood sugar will go up in the morning. Never once did I say that I will regret. I certainly do have a knack for short-term prognostication.

Last night’s attempt was my variation on Kimchi Jigae. Turned out to be sort of a “Korean-styled” noodle bowl; a chicken stew sort-of. And damn it was good.


Ingredients – Kimchee, Pork and Mushroom broth, Poached Chicken, Carrots, Rehydrated Mushrooms, Bean Sprouts, Onion, Garlic, Green Onion, Fish Sauce, Mirin, Soya Sauce, and Ramen Noodles. I was good I just heaped my first bowl. And would I make it again? Damn sure. Period.

Progress continues on three current projects – Equality, Afghan #5, and Afghan #7. Check Quilts SB and Afghans SB for updates shortly.

Who would have thought that I distant Robertson connection in Australia and I, in Tampa would be working together to determine our family lines in a small place of Oldhamstocks, East Lothian Scotland? Synchronicity? Follow progress and updates at A Genealogy Hunt.

This is my 715th Jim’s Trek post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 55,370 Pageviews.

I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment