Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, December 8, 2014

Day 267 – (AD 697) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.2 Miles – I Feel Great On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 22.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. I have now completed a total of 14,373.0 miles; 23,131.2 kilometers on two Schwinn Fitness cycles, first a 150 and now a 170.


On my crazy Trek I am headed southeast and I will 4 days I will have retraced my miles back to Katherine, the town in Northern Territory. From what I can see there is no other way than to follow Stuart Highway to a point where I start a new direction to my next destination.


You could say that we’re pretty much organized when we work on a quilting project. Doesn’t work when you have a would-be flying-mountain-goat of a dog who is all ears and legs.

Here’s what the table of strips looked like before Radar decided to bound across the living workroom.

And another of the Innocent puppy who thinks he has wings…


Got to thinking yesterday at the number of people at Busch Gardens yesterday late afternoon and evening that were glued to their cell and smart phones. Guess we’re losing the ability to relax and enjoy life without being electronically plugged in.


Here’s an astounding thought I caught on an NPR story yesterday. There could be about 1 million live accounts but dead “friends” on Facebook. As Molly Roberts of NPR wrote “In the meantime, a Facebook profile remains shrouded in just as much mystery as King Tut's tomb.” (A Plan to Untangle Our Digitable Lives After We’re Gone, July 23, 2014)

And Zachary Green and Xander Landen’s PBS NewsHour article “Digitally departed: How to avoid being haunted by an online afterlife” handles the idea that “may surprise you.”

This is my 737th Jim’s Trek post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 56,792 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment