Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Day 269 – (AD 699) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.9 Miles – Top 14,400 Miles On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Late this afternoon I pedaled 21.9 miles on my Schwinn 170. Today I have now cycled 14,416.3 miles; 23,200.8 kilometers. And I’ve written this before but the kilometers look better than the miles…the quantity, that is.


My location is currently at Pine Creek in Northern Territory. I am now 790 miles from my next destination and goal point.

First thing this morning I had an appointment with my Cardiologist. Everything is fair. Everything is fine. Everything is good. Everything is great. Next follow-up appointment in 6 months.

Only issue my 252 mg/dL, translated “High triglycerides”. But, and that’s a big BUT, two years ago before I started my cycling my triglycerides hit the 500 point.


From WebMDHigh triglyceride levels may lead to heart disease, especially in people with low levels of "good" cholesterol and high levels of "bad" cholesterol, and in people with type 2 diabetes…” 

Oh and yeah my cholesterol levels are very good – LDL at 91 and HDL at 141, both at excellent controlled levels. Looks like I am going to have to increase my love for more fish and try to get rid of my belly fat.

From USA Today -

  • "About one-third of adults in the USA are overweight (with a body mass index of 25 or above), and another third are obese (with a body mass index of 30 or above), as has been reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
  • Obesity rates are even higher in some countries, exceeding 50% among men in Tonga and among women in Kuwait, Kiribati, Micronesia, Libya, Qatar, Samoa and Tonga. "



My BMI this morning was 23.5. Yes I’m trying.

This is my 739th Jim’s Trek post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 56,913 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment