Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 352 – (AD 782) – 22.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – A Quiet Sunday On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I was back on my Schwinn 170 and I pedaled 22.0 miles. To date I have completed 16,231.0 miles; 26,121.3 kilometers. This is the real part of my journey.


On my virtual Trek I am still located on the Urandangi N Road and headed in a northeasterly direction. It appears that I am about parallel to the Moonah Creek.


I’m just trying to figure out if there is a “cross-desert” short cut (red arrow) to continue on to my next destination and goal point. Google Maps seems to have me travelling in a roundabout direction. Hell, the road’s not paved so why can’t I just cycle across?

My blood sugar this morning came in at 101. Must have been my creation of Pollo y Calabaza y Garbanzo last night. (Will be writing this one up on Jim’s Gotta Eathttp://jimsgottaeat.com .)


My viewing companion while I pedal on my Schwinn 170 for the past while has been the BBC series Primeval. Five seasons kept my interest for some time. I think the series has been pulled… but there is a Canadian spin-off named Primeval, The New World. I believe it was cancelled after one season.  It appears to be a North-Americanized version of the original, and it does take place in Vancouver.  The original is located in London.

I am currently reading The Narnian – The Life and Imagination of C.S. Lewis. Written by Alan Jacobs and published 2005 it allocates from the brilliance of C.S. Lewis and relates “this middle-aged Irish bachelor turn to the writing of stories for children – stories that would become among the most popular and beloved ever written.” I fell in love with The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, and the other Chronicles of Narnia so, so many years ago. I am still in-touch with that young boy as his mind followed the fantastical characters through the worlds of the cupboard.

Work continues on our Chopsticks. The quilting overlay of parallel lines is almost complete. Check out our updates and progress at Quilts SBhttp://quiltssb.com. Don’t forget the double “ss”.


Oh yeah, my Pandora is tuned in right now to French Traditional and Connie Evingson singing “Si Tu Savais.

This is my 834th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 64,023 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment