Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Day 383 ½ – (AD 813 ½) – 0.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Rest Day, Sort of From My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Day off for Grandpa. No pedaling on my Schwinn 170.

Early morning swimming lessons, CK with two buddies. It was a ½ –hour episode of Musketears. I really thought coach should invest in disposable ear plugs.


Only about 21% more of my mileage goal to finish up in Australia.

My blood sugar dropped another 3 points last night to 102. Sautéed Flounder with Zucchini ‘Pasta’ with Cantaloupe and Blood Orange Ice for dessert. I borrowed and tweaked an Emeril Legasse recipe. I will probably write this one up for Jim’s Gotta Eat.



Work has now moved from the design to the technical stage on our new commissioned quilt, Moon Over Bayshore. Check our progress at Quilts SB Facebook and Quilts SB.

Our new quilt Crystal was delivered to its new home in Delaware.

And quilting continues on our new quilt An Unnamed Classic.

Is it my imagination or is the pending 2016 Presidential appears to be going to be an extremely expensive exercise in boredom? 

From The Hill, Amie Parnes and Kevin Cirilli –  “The 2016 presidential election could cost as much as $5 billion, according to top fundraisers and bundlers who are already predicting it will more than double the 2012 campaign’s price tag.

That works out to just under $15.70 per every man, woman, and child here in the good ole US of A.



Assume, (yes I know I should never assume), that 40% of the population do not vote then the capital expenditure in advertising of the electorate jumps to just over $26.10 per voter. $26.10 does not appear to be a big deal, obviously to the running candidates…but just think of what could be done with $5,000,000,000. It truly is nauseating when one thinks about it.

This is my 868th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 66,582 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment