Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 388 – (AD 818) – 22.2 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Head’s On, On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 22.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals are: 17,027.7 miles; 27,403.5 kilometers.


I’m trying to finagle the bicycling path program in the new Google Maps beta. It could be me, and if I work it out correctly I will have another 160, plus or minus, miles to go to get to my next destination and goal point.

Got to make some pepper aka capsaicin relish. I got me some Orange Habaneros and some Hot Green Fingers.


Will make three types; one with the Orange; one with the Green; and one with a mix of the two. Simple and basic recipe…and HOT. Peppers, Onions, Salt, Water, Cider Vinegar, and Sugar. Did I mention that I like hot, spicy food and sauces?

According to MedBroadcast

"Evidence is preliminary, but there's a possibility that capsaicin could be used as a treatment to lower blood pressure and cholesterol. Eating meals with capsaicin-rich peppers may also help to regulate blood sugar levels and lower the risk of diabetes. And when you lower your diabetes risk, your blood pressure, and your cholesterol, you lower your overall heart health risks!"

And that’s not all.  There's other proposed benefits.  But I just like the hot stuff…and yes I know there has been an exponential increase in the number of quack doctors and medicine “experts” since the increase of the electronic age.

Today’s saint of the day is St. Fidelis of Sigmaringen… and if you can pronounce his name in your prayers correctly, according to Sister Charles Edwards, the blessing of Sigmaringen will be upon you. Oh and by the by, St. Fidelis was originally Mark Rey and a lawyer. Hell if I knew that lawyers could become saints? Recommendation for supper – Salmon and Potato Hash.

Two of our quilts - Warhol's Itch and Sleep Jezebel have been accepted for entry and display to The Festival of Quilts 2015, 6th-9th August at NEC, Birmingham, England.




Also two, Chopsticks and Warhol's Itch, will be on display at The Home Machine Quilting Show (HMQS) 2015 in Salt Lake City, Utah 7th-9th May.


This is my 874th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 66,974 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment