Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, May 22, 2015

Day 414 ½ – (AD 844 ½) – 0.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Day of Rest Off My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I decided that my legs needed a rest after cycling 15 consecutive days.  No Schwinn 170. 15 days equaled 334.3 miles. Overall total now stands at 17,608.7 miles; 28,338.5 kilometers.  844 days of pedaling.


I now have about 1,300 more miles to go to complete my Jim’s Trek III. I am trying to decide where in the world to complete my overall of another 6,000 miles once I am finished with Australia. Any ideas?

Washing machine STILL not working.

Blame it on the computer for sending the incorrect parts. The two parts on the order screen had a difference of two bloody zeros; “00001234” versus “001234”. And today I still do not have a functioning washing machine. Two bloody zeros. When is it that we as human beings now have to be thinking as, in tandem with, a machine? Two bloody zeros!!!

My blood sugar is up to 114 this morning. I suppose a complete arugula, pine nuts and prosciutto pizza at a late hour may have had something to do with the spike. I wonder whether, even though it was a thin crust, the fact that I pigged down the whole medium size pizza may just have had something to do with the jump? But I tell you something, Flippers Pizzeria Arugula & Prosciutto Pizza is one of my favorites.



Tonight for supper I’m going to try and make Mark Bittman’s Pasta all Norma. Sicilian pasta dish of sautéed eggplant tossed with tomato sauce and topped with ricotta salata.

Got to check out our quilting schedule. A number of projects are currently on our plate, and we’ve been asked to add some new ones. Busy times at the fabric sweat shop.

I have decided to fight back against unsolicited phone calls. I have registered with the FTC National Do Not Call Registry. This morning I received the umpteenth call about “solar energy”. I consider myself an educated person and I think I know a tad something about “solar energy”. Well I know, after having received a number of “solar energy” unsolicited phone calls the intent of the call is to get into my space and sell me some gizmo or system that will assist me with solar energy. I immediately hung up and I recorded and reported the call to the FTC National Do Not Call Registry.

Will something come of this? Hell if I know. Do I feel better? And I can’t even slam the phone down. Not sure, will have to wait and see.

This is my 902nd post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 69,505 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment