Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Day 416 – (AD 846) – 22.1 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Continuing On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled another 22.1 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals – 17,653.0 miles; 28,409.8 kilometers.

I have now complete 86.1% of my Australian journey, Jim’s Trek III. And I have succeeded in pedaling 70.89% of my overall goal.


Only 62.2 miles remaining to my next destination and goal point. I located at about Lot 4 on Bruce Highway heading south and sort of a bit to the west. I’m cycling parallel to O’Connell River.

Blood sugar up 3 points this morning.

Supper last night – an attempt on Emeril Lagasse’s Harira: Moroccan Chickpea Stew with Chicken and Lentils. And of course I had a second helping.


Read article by Steve Bousquet of the Herald/Times Tallahassee Bureau, “The perpetual campaign of Gov. Rick Scott” (May 24, 2015).

Yep, he hit the nail on the head.

“Scott is not always consistent on matters of substance. Take education funding or Medicaid expansion, for example. But he is on matters of style…
“The only thing Rick Scott has succeeded at is twice winning close elections,” says Darryl Paulson, professor emeritus of political science at USF St. Petersburg and an outspoken Scott critic. Paulson, a Republican, says Scott is weakened by a team of inexperienced advisers, a lack of familiarity with the political process and an inability to interact with legislators, which becomes glaring at times like the present, during a tense stalemate over health care policy.”

Just wondering about some of the current national social controversies recently surfaced in the media.

Not getting too preachy or stuffed-shirt, I have always tried to avoid hypocrisy. I do not have many of the answers, but I know that I try to search for myself a modicum of understanding.


And Republican candidate Huckabee should take to mind Matthew 7:15.


Question – Does anyone have a reverse-aging process? I would like to turn back my clock and enlist for an astronaut program and sign up for the first and furthest distance location away from this planet.

This is my 904th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 69,757 Pageviews. Pageviews are certainly increasing, thank you: May 2012 – 0; May 2013 – 1,927; May 2014 – 2,270; and May 2015, to date – 2,327. And still 8 days to go.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment