Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 417 1/2 – (AD 847 1/2) – 0.0 Miles ? – Jim's Trek Part III – Not On My Schwinn 170

Good day,

Today I'm not getting on my Schwinn 170. Scheduled stress test. My cardiologist decided that even though I am in relatively good condition, due to my consistent pedaling, he made mention that due to my age he felt it was time once again.

And I'm sitting in the waiting room, and another contender for the treadmill has requested that receptionist staff to switch the current TV station to a pain-in-the-ass soap opera show. The stately marm's reasoning, "I wouldn't have been able to keep me doctor's appointment if I had to miss my show." Damn hell, the intelligence of some people just amazes me.


And then she leaves the room.

Another patient registers at reception. Staff member states that her payment is required before service. "How much?" asks the elegant lady. "21- cents," is the response. "21-cents?" "You have a credit balance on your account." "A credit? How much? Since when?" "Oh it's been on the books since 2013." Damn. (That's me thinking.) A credit balance, without any notification. And I think I'm going to start a new business. Refund plus interest services for over-payment on accounts.

The paperwork/disclaimer included "there are potential risks (approximately 2-3 per 10,000) associated with an exercise stress test. These include...heart attacks or sudden death." And I'm patient number 9,997. Wonder how bright the light is?

Learned something today, the brain, itself, does not have any pain receptors. "There are no pain receptors in the brain itself. But the meninges (coverings around the brain), periosteum (coverings on the bones), and the scalp all have pain receptors. Surgery can be done on the brain and technically the brain does not feel that pain." Now I can watch an open brain surgery...I think.


This is my 906th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 69,923 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment