Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, May 25, 2015

Day 417 – (AD 847) – 22.4 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Mirrors On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today this virtual narcissist pedaled another 22.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals to date – 17,675.4 miles; 28,445.9 kilometers.


I am now located at Lot 1 on Bruce Highway. I still do not understand the “LOT” numbers as there must be some explicit reasoning for them being shown on the map…but there does not appear to be sequential justification. This time my location “LOT 1 Bruce Hwy” is in Pindi Pindi, Queensland.

And I have 39.5 more miles to go to get to my next destination and goal point. Only 13.69% of my original Trek III left. Does anyone have any suggestions for my 4th Trek? (And I do not think Google has Hell mapped as yet.)

My blood sugar was up 1 point this morning. That is if you’re interested. And no, this is not a self-scourging write-up of my thoughts. I truly do not care what anyone thinks about my journey, my Trek, or my health. I am doing this for me. I could keep my fingers quiet and allow the doctors to feed me the chemicals to help keep my diabetes in check… I could allow myself to realize a false and substance sense of well-being. Or, I could do something about it that would benefit me. My Trek, my diet, my writing, my design… No-one else but me. And yes I am ticked about the survey. I think it is BS. Just keep reading.

Guess according to the study of 555 people conducted at Brunel University London I may have very low self-esteem and I could be classified as a narcissist. Why? Because I frequently, every bloody day, update my Facebook and my Google+ pages about my “achievements” – my Trek, my quilts, my eating. Maybe so… So I am narcissist with low self-esteem based on the study’s “‘big five’ personality traits – extroversion, neuroticism, openness, agreeableness and conscientiousness – as well as self-esteem and narcissism.


Possibly a reasonable study for a PhD thesis… but a sample size of 555? Facebook last quarter passed 1.19 billion monthly active users, 874 million mobile users, and 728 million daily users. So a sample size of 555 is a credible study?

Obviously there is something wrong with Google News; well I think there is something wrong with Google News. I am/was under the impression that Google News, based on my choices, over time, would select stories and headlines that I may be interested. It is very few and far between that I pick stories about sports. I’m just not interested in the Roman ideals of the arena. Well this morning the five, that’s right the top 5 Tops News stories on my Google News was about sports – and the top one was about fake sports, Fantasy Football. The others: football, basketball, basketball, and car racing. And sure enough the next three headlines: soccer, basketball, and basketball. That’s chosen eight Top News headlines about sports. Be damned. There must be something wrong with Google’s algorithm.


Our Moon Over Bayshore quilt-wich has been loaded to our Longarm. Let the quilting begin.


Thanks to the inspiration of Mike F. Andy and I have started another new quilting project. Here are two of our goal of 1,000 blocks.  No-name yet, just Hope.

This is my 905th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 69,878 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment