Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Day 454 – (AD 884) – 22.9 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Counting Down on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled 22.29 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals: 18,805.2 miles; 29,786.1 kilometers.


And I am located, virtually, on the A1 in the area of Tabbimoble in New South Wales.

Countdown – 468 miles.

Something to do the day after the 4th of July. Go to Ikea and hide in a cabinet, when someone opens it up say "Welcome to Narnia."

No-knead bread baking this morning. Just wondering.  How many days do I continue and then this becomes a required and fixed routine? According to Ben D Gardner, in his UCL articleBusting the 21 days habit formation myth” - “The bottom line is: stay strong. 21 days is a myth; habit formation typically takes longer than that. The best estimate is 66 days, but it’s unwise to attempt to assign a number to this process.

Well I think I’ve proved my cycling habit … and so I will be making 66 loaves of bread; 2 down 64 more to go.

No-Knead Loaf - #2

Oh yeah my early morning blood sugar count registered at 96.

This morning I read an article at Tech Times by Dianne Depra – “Study Shows Bariatric Surgery More Effective Than Lifestyle Changes in Treating Type 2 Diabetes”. And of course I’m interested…and I read the complete article twice.

Here’s the clincher, the title is somewhat misleading. Buried in the middle of the article is the crux of the study, the size of the sampling, (no pun intended), the number of participants was only 61 persons and about at least 50% “categorized as having class 1 obesity.” Period.

A suggested result of the study is that “Class 1 and 2 obesity are defined as having body mass indexes from 30 to 39. However, weight loss surgeries are only typically advised for people with BMI levels of at least 40.” I’m not disputing the study. I am just wondering whether the reporter reporting the study in Tech Times as published in the Journal of the American Medical Association may be misleading her readers.

Guess what? My BMI this morning recorded in at 23.7. And I’ve succeeded at quashing my diabetes by “lifestyle intervention”. Okay, okay, I am strange.


Blue line is my 90-day, eAG, moving average.

Today is special.  There are two saints of the day: Saint Anthony Mary Zaccaria and Saint Elizabeth of Portugal… And today the special and blessed recipe is Strawberry Cake. Only thing is that when I read the recipe it sounds more like a bread recipe…but “a special cake, a glorified strawberry shortcake, a descendant of the French apricot rum cake.” And the ingredients do not include strawberries, apricots, or rum. But it does have a suggested “For Ages: 15+”. Huh? Sort of like some interpretation of scripture.


But I do like the idea of soaking the cake in rum sauce and then topping it with strawberries and a strawberry glaze. Sounds like a Baba-au Rhum. Think I will add this one to my bucket list of recipes to make.

This is my 945th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 72,282 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment