Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Day 17 – (AD 922) – 23.1 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Doing Well My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Back on my Schwinn 170 this morning I pedaled 23.1 miles. Totals – 19,375.6 miles; 31.182.1 kilometers.


Today I am crossed over into the Faro District. I am still on the N120 and just to the northeast of Odeceixe in Portgual.

Countdown to my next destination and goal point – 312 miles.

My early morning blood sugar count dropped 5 points to 88. Last night supper was an experiment on a homemade Picadillo. A celebration.

I combined and borrowed from a couple of recipes – Cuban-Style Picadillo and Cuban Picadillo, and adjusted to create the one that I thought that I wanted. Ingredients included: Ground Beef; Ground Mild Italian Sausage; Green Bell Pepper; Onion; Garlic; Tomato: Tomato Paste/Sauce; Sherry; Capers; Pimento-Stuffed Olives; Capers; Raisins; Cumin; Oregano; Chili Peppers; Black Pepper; Olive Oil. And yes I had a double helping on long-grain rice…plus a little bit more. Didn’t take any picture, but if you Google “Picadillo Recipe” you’ll get over 306,000 results.

Today’s #21 Loaf – Raisin Bread. Still on track to meet my new x66 habit.

I think it is time to redo our Quilts SB site. Our Sleep Jezebel and Warhol’s Itch have both arrived back home from England, safe and sound. Judge’s comments were fair. We’re still learning.

Sleep Jezebel - JSAB

Warhol's Itch - JSAB


Asked the following question on a couple of quilting forums – “Does anyone know of any venue for display and/or competition where the quilt expectancies are not necessarily “pigeon-holed” (if that makes any sense)?” Not sure if anyone may understand my question. I could reword the question to read “Are there any open/free-form quilt displays and/or competitions?”

This is my 986th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 75,300 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment