Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, August 24, 2015

Day 25 ½+++ – (AD 930 ½+++) – 0.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Not On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today my Foot Surgeon sliced open my foot-bottom. At 4:30 am I was not going to get up any earlier to put in any mileage on my Schwinn 170. I will now pause Jim's Trek Part IV at 19,555.4 miles; 31,471.4 kilometers.

Glad to see that the correct foot was labeled. Not sure why my initials are inscribed with a Sharpie…

Definitely the right left foot-bottom.

Recovery room, after some sort of calcified thing-lump was removed. Picture this, one sort of oldish fart in a recovery room with three under-5s. Foot-bottom (me); tonsillectomy and adenoids; ear infection; and bead-stuck-in-ear. Nurse asked whether I needed something. My immediate response…”Get me the hell out of here.”

Doctor’s instruction – 3 days off foot, which means no walking, no dancing, no riding. Return visit to check incision and healing.

Home by 9:15 am. Pain killers provided… (but I haven’t had to take one as yet, and it is now 3:45 pm.)

And of course three of the four Pack are somewhat concerned.  Each had its turn. Tinker will not come near the bandage.

Nurse Bella

Max concerned

Radar feeling the pain

This is my 994th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 76,009 Pageviews.



I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

To be continued.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment