Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Day 6 – (AD 911) – 22.5 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Out of The Rain on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 22.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals – 19,128.2 miles; 30,783.9 kilometers. Looks like I’ll be hitting the unbelievable mile mark in about 44 days.



Today I am located on the IC1 at Estrada do Campo in Leiria District, Portugal. I’m 74.6 miles from my next destination.

All-things-being-equal North Tampa, albeit the Carrollwood area of Hillsborough County appears to be a smidgen elevated when it comes to street-water and flooding…but we’re all saturated. Rule of thumb when driving in Tampa Bay during the monsoon season, if you can’t see the painted lines on the road, don’t risk it.




Tried a different bread recipe last night. I did produce loaves #14 and #15…and I tried to make a conventional kneaded-type rustic loaf. Methinks that the recipe I followed did not have enough liquid ingredients. All I can say, it is edible (#14 devoured)…and that’s the only positive point, that’s unless there is some small, off the route country who may want to contract out its defense and ammunition plans.

And #16 No-Knead loaf is in the oven.

Early morning blood sugar did drop again to 88 mg/dL.

Last night supper was an experiment – Spicy Pork Bulgogi; Korean Spiced Kidney Beans; and Baby Potato JoRim. The best part was the Spicy Pork Bulgogi but the spicy part definitely not for the faint of heart. Ingredients included: White Onions; Green Onions; Red Chili Paste; Garlic; Ginger; Scotch Bonnet; Green Chili Peppers; Red Chili Flakes; Black Pepper; Rice Wine; Sesame Seeds; and Soy Sauce.

Spicy Pork Bulgogi

Potato JoRim, Spiced Beans, Bulbori


Comments – Everything on the plate seemed extremely dark. Overkill of soy sauce. Did like the Spicy Pork Bulgogi. But Jim’s gotta eat.

This is my 973rd post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 74,271 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is our email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment