Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Day 7 ½ – (AD 912 ½) – 0.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Day of Rest on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

My legs sort of decided that I need to take a day off today from pedaling my Schwinn 170. To date I have cycled a total of 19,150.3 miles; 30.819.5 kilometers.


Skies are clear and the raining has stopped. Our street is still flooded this morning and the sidewalk has reappeared but it looks like the retention pond in the front and the lake in the back of the house seem to be beyond their capacities. (Yup I’m surrounded by the wet stuff.)

Weather forecasts today are mixed - 50% chance of precipitation; 23% from another; 40% from Bay News 9 and 30% from NOAA. And the hurricane season continues until November 30th.

Have you ever noticed that local weather announcers, during an extended storm or weather occurrence attempt to sound smart? Yesterday’s best quote “It has been raining so hard that you can’t even see downtown Tampa.”

Yesterday, the blue boundaries are the roads around my house that were closed due to flooding. Sort of felt like a rat in a wet maze…


My early morning blood sugar count is holding at 94. All-things-being-equal and I keep at this rate looks like the A1c average, the blue dotted line, is on its way down. I’m still not taking, nor needed any diabetes medications. That’s the good part.


Loaf #17 is out of the oven. Only 49 more to make. A habit is forming.


And 17 plus 5 top runners, albeit contenders, out of a possible 536 individuals have according to the Federal Election Commission filed a Statement of Candidacy (FEC Form 2) to register as a 2016 Presidential Candidate. You’d better get your dartboard out of storage. This one is gonna prove some interesting. Not necessarily regarding the candidates but how much more how the electorate will handle the 23-ring circus.


This is my 975th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 74,517 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is our email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment