Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Day 11 – (AD 916) – 22.6 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Pedaling in the Rain on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Yup, it’s raining. Yup, the street’s beginning to flood. Yup, it’s lightning and thundering. Hells bells, this is Florida. This is Tampa. This is August 8, this is the rainy season. Into each life some rain must fall… Thank you Miss Ella.

Today I pedaled another 22.6 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals are now at 19,240.5 miles; 30,964.6 kilometers.

This morning I decided to take a little sight-seeing jaunt. Following the Avenida Brasília I then jumped on the Av. Infante Dom Henríque. This I followed the water front until an area in Lisbon called Potela.



Near the Jardim do Passeio dos Heróis do Mar I got on the IP1. The IP1, via the Vasco da Gama Bridge crosses over the Tagus River.



I continued in a southeasterly direction until I reached the City of Montijo.


All-things-being-equal I now have about 401 more miles to go to reach my next destination and goal point.

And our political carpetbagging has been set into motion. Reading up on the definition of a carpet bagger it was a “Northerner who moved to the South, post-Civil War, to take advantage of the unstable social, financial, and political climate.” Question – Can the term also imply to a southerner following a similar line of thought?



Loaf #18 is in the oven. This time it is a White and Grits Loaf. House filled with the wafts of fresh cooked bread… Not necessarily a good environment to proceed with my cardio-pedaling.


But it’s done…and it tastes great. Where’s Tony?

This is my 979th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 74,897 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment