Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Day 229 – (AD 1,134) – 22.7 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Vienna On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Another orchid bloomed this morning.

This morning I pedaled another 22.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. Total mileage pedaled – 24,271.8 miles.

Reached another one of my goals and destination on this crazy real and virtual Trek.  I stopped in at Vienna and then I continued on.


This morning I am located at Hütteldorfer Straße 126, 1140 Wien, Austria.


176 more miles to my next destination and goal point.

Why is Austria not part of Google Street View?

When Google started their project for Street View, most of the countries welcomed idea of maps with street view. It had so many advantages, so most of the countries gave permission. In Europe, when Google started Street View, countries like Germany and Austria were against the project. When the Google van started taking pictures in Austria, people were extremely angry because they felt that it violated their privacy. The Austrian government put a ban on the Street View project.

In 2011, the Austrian government removed the ban on the project. Google welcomed this but Google was required to provide Austrians with the option that Google Street View blur out their home(s), similar to the process and method as proposed in Germany. Google, according to what I have read, found that this is too much of a headache and so for most of Germany Google has dropped the Street View mapping. This has also happened in Austria.

1,284 newly discovered planets… but they “have not yet been confirmed by independent observations from ground- based telescopes”.

I do have questions – If these 1,284 possible planets have recently been discovered by NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope which was launched in 2009 how can we expect ground-based telescopes which are nowhere near close to traveling in the unknown reaches of space discover the same? And why does the Kepler Space Telescope look somewhat like Citigroup Center in New York City?

Kepler Space Telescope, somewhere in space

Citigroup Center, New York City
NASA Announces The Wall Street Journal, Robert Lee Hotz, May 10, 2016.

Work continues on our new Wings. The quilting of the lattice work background is tedious…but simply amazing. Andy’s skills continue to astound me as he puts life into my design.

Wings - JS AB - Work in progress

Wings - JS AB - Work in progress

Wings - JS AB - Work in progress

I'll be writing up our design, work and progress on our Wings at Quilts SB.

Oh yeah, two new loaves of No-Knead Turbo bread are currently on the rise: Sourdough White and Sourdough White Whole Wheat Raisin.

This is my 1,234th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 93,355 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment