Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Day 235 – (AD 1,140) – 22.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I continued pedaling another 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. And yes I did finish my 72 minutes time limit…but I had to stop at the 50 minute mark. I thought I was not going to be able to continue. It was as if my legs and body were on shutdown.

I took a 5 minute rest and then got back on my Schwinn Fitness cycle and continued for the remaining 22 minutes. (Obviously there is some synchronicity between the miles and the minutes.)



My totals are now 24,410.7 miles; 39,285.3 kilometers. I have completed 98.0% of my overall goal. And there is a small voice in my head that is egging me on to go past my goal mileage and pedal for the 25,000 mile-mark.

According to Google Maps I am now located on the E60 Westautobahn, 4861, Austria

Soapbox –

I am confused. Chris Moody of CNN Politics just reported “Bernie Sanders, Democratic establishment battle boils over”.
“With the Democratic presidential primary in its twilight, frustration within the ranks over the party's handling of the primary process spilled out this week as Bernie Sanders supporters lashed out at party leaders, arguing that their candidate has been treated unfairly.

The public outpouring of anger began last weekend at the Nevada Democratic Party convention, where Sanders supporters who said Hillary Clinton's backers had subverted party rules shouted down pro-Clinton speakers and sent threatening messages to state party Chairwoman Roberta Lange after posting her phone number and address on social media.”
And from The New York Times - "Bernie Sanders's Campaign Accuses Head of D.N.C. of Favoritism", Alan Rappeport, May 18, 2016.

(Obviously The New York Times editor does not adhere to the grammar rule that "With a plural noun ending in s, form possessive by adding only an apostrophe.)

As candidate and the longest serving independent member of Congress in American history Senator Bernie Sanders and a good percentage of his supporters are independents, and he, Senator Sanders registered as a Democrat to succeed in garnering support in his bid for the Presidency, do the complaints that the Sanders supporters have and maintain regarding the “subverted party rules” truly hold any water?

It is sort of like a Roman Catholic entering a Protestant church and say that they are being ostracized and persecuted because there is no figure of the person of Jesus on the cross in the sanctuary.

Thank you. Quilts SB Facebook has now garnered 603 Likes. Our next goal just 97 more. https://www.facebook.com/QuiltsbySB/



This is my 1,240th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 93,912 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment