Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Day 239 – (AD 1,144) – 22.7 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – 24,504.5 Miles On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 22.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals – 24,504.5 miles; 39,436.2 kilometers.



I am currently located at a point in the road at E52 which looks like I am crossing the Kaltenbach River. I am currently in Baden-Württenberg, Germany.



Countdown – 20 pedaling days left.

And I know me, I’m going have to extend my pedaling on my Schwinn 170 just to say that I completed another 676.6 miles.

Yesterday I had two gorgeous clump growths of Golden Bamboo removed from the front of my house. The two growths had been developing for a period of 15+ years. An anonymous and concerned someone reported to the County Code Violation Department that the line of vehicle sight may be an issue. Per the department inspector I was provided with the section from the Department of Transportation “bible” regarding sidewalks and roadways.

I decided not to fight the issue.  There are no directly stated requirements, and even though they are more implications and insinuated declarations regarding the matter, what is done is done. I was a “do-gooder” and had the lush and beautiful bamboo growth removed. Oh yeah, the cost of removal and flattening the surface cost me in the low four figures.

Oh well.  The lesson learned, as my early morning blood sugar numbers climbed above the normal and suggested range, was not to eat irrationally when frustrated and disappointed.



And yeah, orchids are blooming.

This is my 1,244th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 94,555 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment