Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Day 242 – (AD 1,147) – 22.7 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Thinking On My Schwinn 170

Good day,

This morning I cycled 22.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals today – 24,573.8 miles; 39,547.8 kilometers.

Countdown -


I am located at A96, Germany.



And I only have 16 more days of pedaling scheduled on my personal calendar. Looks like I have to come up with some new Trek to create for Jim’s Trek Part V.

I’m struggling to keep my early morning blood sugar down. This morning I clocked 125 ms/dL. It seems that I may have picked up some sort of stomach thing. Will be watching carefully.

The word today – Phony.

Thoughts for today from Business Insider – “13 foods that aren’t what you think they are”, by Josie Rubio.
  1. Grated parmesan cheese
  2. Breakfast syrup and maple products
  3. Extra-virgin olive oil
  4. Honey
  5. Truffle oil
  6. Saffron
  7. Wasabi
  8. Caviar
  9. Sriracha
  10. Bacon bits
  11. Pomegranate juice
  12. White chocolate
  13. Pringles

Soapbox –


My questions –

Why are the majority of politicians hypocrites?

And why is a good portion of the possible electorate taken in by the politicians’ phony platitudes and banalities?

Interesting reading from US Politics and Ben Fountain, Feb 13, 2016 – “The phony in American politics: how voters turn into suckers."

In the arsenal of the phony, the politics of God is one of the deadliest punches to the sweet spot of the American mind. Citizens capable of the most acute analysis in other areas of their lives – regarding finance, say, or electronics, or the infinitely complex variables of fantasy sports leagues – are reduced to blithering dupes when exposed to the Christian pitch. Something spooky happens to that excellent American mind that brought us moon landings and the silicon chip and the wonderful stuff that saves our kids from polio. No matter if the candidate has had three or four wives or fired thousands of workers or dropped biblical plagues of bombs on rice farmers and sheep herders, merely saying the magic words makes it so.



No-Knead (which is sort of a misnomer depending on how long I sort-of knead the dough) loaves #133 and #134 have finished in the oven rising. Now the two loaves are baking. This batch Sourdough White Wheat Rye and Sourdough White.

This is my 1,247th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 94,827 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment