Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Day 11+8 – (AD 1,173) – 19.8 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Yesterday On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Yesterday morning I pedaled another 19.8 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals – 25,116.4 miles; 40,421.0 kilometers. Completed 1.62% of Jim’s Trek Part V. And my Two Hundred Sit-ups regime continues; today is Day 1 of Week 3. This is Day +8. This morning was 120 sit-ups, à la Smith; sum to date 713.

Maybe you are wondering why I didn’t write-up my Jim Trek’s blog these past couple of days… (and then maybe you couldn’t care less). But the fact is that our Bright House cable box and router were zapped out of existence by an almost direct lightning hit.

Yup, while I was sitting in the living room; flash, boom. And this is the 7th time that lightning has hit this house in some devious and electrifying way. (Sorry for the play on adjectives.) One would think I should now, after 35 ½ years of living in Florida, be use to the summer thunderstorms. Nope, I’m not…but I am certainly glad that it was only the Bright House items that were destroyed.



My Mars adventure continues. On Day 11+8 I have completed 214.8 miles or 1.62%. I still have 13,085.2 more miles to go.

Soapbox –

Lightning hasn't stopped me from tweaking a reminder.


Register to Vote.

Just got notice from USPS that our Wings has crossed the US, Tampa, FL to Mission Viejo, CA.

WINGS - JS AB - March 2016
Wings has been chosen as a finalist in the 2016 Hoffman Challenge.

It will be on the road until September 2017.

https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/2016/07/my-quip-our-new-triptych-wings-finalist.html

Our URL address for Quilts SB has become a more secure. All visitors are now able to view our blog over an encrypted connection by visiting - https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/ Just a reminder to change your bookmarked link address.

This is my 1,276th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 98,602 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment