Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, June 9, 2017

Day 199 – (AD 1,361) – 20.0 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 20.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals are now standing (albeit pedaling) at 28,898.4 miles; 46,507.6 kilometers. I sort of can taste the 30,000 and 50,000 numbers, respectively.



And while on Mars, (that’s Part V of my overall Trek), I have completed 53.8% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.

I’m having one heck of a time finding the Marriage Registration for Jacques (aka Jacob) and Marie (aka Mary) (née Katz) Brunhammer. All-things-being-equal they appeared to have been married sometime within the time-period of 1860 – 1865 in Alsace somewhere around the Mulhouse/Dornach, Haut-Rhin area in France.

They had, per Census records 14 children. From my research, Jacques immigrated to the Philadelphia area sometime in late 1875 while Marie arrived in early 1876. She arrived at the Port of Philadelphia with 6 of their children. Two more sons were born in New Jersey, Harry, and Pennsylvania, Joseph. The earliest record that I have been able to find is the Death Registration of their son Albert Brunhammer who was born in about 1868 and died in Mulhouse in April 1869.

Jacques, himself, was born in Dornach the 22nd of 1837, and I have been able to trace a good portion of his paternal ancestry. I have been searching the online database of France’s National Archives of Births, Marriages, and Deaths for the Haut-Rhin region. The trouble is that I am coming up with a “dead-end” when it comes to their Marriage Registration. Any suggestions would help?


Thank you, Cathy M-D, for your suggestion of Thann in Haut-Rhin. Just found the actual Marriage Registration for Jacques Brunhammer and Marie Katz registered 11 September 1867 at 5:00 am at the Town Hall of the Village of Thann in Haut-Rhin. Also in the document are the names of each of their parents as well as the legitimization of their son Charles Brunhammer who was born 15 November 1862




June 19 update - Our strip piecing is progressing and we can, if I dare, see some influence of Gustav Klimt and Paul Klee in our design. This new quilt is definitely a challenge for Andy and me, and all-things-being-equal we hope it the final result will meet our expectations.



This is my 1,464th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 177,794 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment