Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, June 12, 2017

Day 200 – (AD 1,362) – 21.1 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 fitness cycle 21.1 miles. Adding this to my current tally for Part V of my Trek I have now completed 4,017.9 miles. My grand totals stand at 28,919.5 miles; 46,541.5 kilometers.


On the Mars part of my journey today I have completed 60.9% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.

OPOY - Orlando Pulse One Year

Immediately after the Orlando Pulse tragedy of June 12, 2016, Andy and I decided that we would like to design and create a commemorative quilt to continue to remember the tragedy that took place and affected so many lives of the LGBT community and families.

Our quilt is our attempt to not only remember the 49 lives so senselessly murdered but, in only a way we both can to think about the many other victims who were and continue to be so affected by the act of terror and disdain.

Our quilt OPOY is composed of 102 strips, each representing all the victims, the ones who were slaughtered and the ones who are still living today. The Grey Titanium strips are our homage to those so mercilessly eliminated in the prime of their lives. The individual colored strips represent the victims who did survive. All quilt strips are each individually quilted with a unique design that we would like to acknowledge the uniqueness of each individual.

OPOY - JS AB - June 2017

All strips are grouped together in a way that we should remember their horror. But we would like to remember that as a people we are also grouped together in a uniform but in many unique ways reaching for that oneness of each and of all.

This is my 1,465th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 177,875 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment