Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Day 203 – (AD 1,365) – 20.0 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 20.0 miles. Totals now – 28,982.7 miles; 46,643.2 kilometers.


While on Mars I have completed 81.9% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.

And I just keep going.

Jim’s Gotta Eat –

Supper a couple of nights ago night was out of this world – Chicken with Beans and Tomatoes. Found the recipe at SouffleBombay.

Genealogy –

My Y-DNA 111 testing has realized another new match. My Y-DNA matches 6 other gentlemen extremely closely with the degree of Genetic Distance between 8 and 10. That’s damn close.

Here’s the Wikipedia definition - Genetic distance is a measure of the genetic divergence between species or between populations within a species. Populations with many similar alleles have small genetic distances. This indicates that they are closely related and have a recent common ancestor.

According to this definition, it means that somehow and somewhere in some time I am related to these 6 others. The issue that I have is that I am a Smith, their surnames are Follis; Ware; Robinson; and Seymour.

This diagram sort of explains the calculation of the genetic distance between 2 markers, adding up for a total of 3.


(Check out the write-up at the site DNA-explained.com.)

Now think the genetic distances that I am working with is only 8, 9, and 10 with the 6 other matches. That is so, so bloody close. I need to find another Smith with a similar YDNA testing result.

And I’m still stuck on my GGG-Grandfather James Smith.

This is my 1,468th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 178,056 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment