Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Day 380 – (AD 1,542) –19.1 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,


This morning I pedaled my one-hour routine on my Schwinn 170. I completed 19.1 miles. My totals have now reached 33,000.6 miles; 53,109.4 kilometers. I only have 5,201.0 more miles to go.


And I am now located at 94.64% within the crater of my next destination and goal point.

Looks like on my next session I will finish this leg of the Martian trip. I have now determined a new destination and goal point.

Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

52 Cranes have been completed for our newest Cranes Quilt.



52 Cranes of one fabric; 26 facing to the left and 26 facing to the right. 53 more Cranes to go; 2 more fabrics...apart from the white background.

Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/

Last night for supper I created some Colcannon Muffins; leftover Colcannon mixed with Eggs, Cheese, Green Onion, and Chick Peas and with a side Green Salad.


My early morning blood sugar dropped to 115 mg/dL.

I am think of another 7-Day Supper Challenge. Stay tuned.

Tracking my foods:

Irish – Guinness Beef Stew – 148 mg/dL (Yes, I had 4 toffee candies at about 9 pm.)
Irish – Irish Chicken with Cabbage and Potatoes – 128 mg/dL
Irish – Irish Bangers and Colcannon with Guinness Mushroom Gravy – 121 mg/dL
Irish – Roast Pollock and Irish Soda Bread – 131 mg/dL
Irish - Coddle and Irish Soda Bread – 123 mg/dL
Irish – Shepherd’s Pie with Marinated Artichoke Chickpea Salad – 127 mg/dL
Irish – Boxty with Bacon, Brown-Buttered Fried Eggs – 110 mg/dL

Please note that I am assuming an ethnicity and regional derivative based on the recipes that I may use and/or construct.

Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

Following up to my Autosomal DNA comparison exercise, I, serendipitously, stumbled upon an article at the online magazine Vice. Please, understand that I am not trying “to trash” Autosomal DNA testing. I am just trying to point out that it has become an immature tangent of what one could consider is correct genealogy research.

Is it a tool? Yes. Is Autosomal DNA testing providing the answers to the pure science of genealogy and genetic research? In my humble opinion, again Autosomal DNA does not provide the complete and correct end to the questions of one’s genealogy, the study of family origins and history.

Does it provide possible answers to unknown connections and answers to unasked questions? Yes, maybe, and no.

The Vice article by Moses Monterroza, March 21, 2018, “I Tested My DNA and Learned About Self-Delusion” 

“Obviously, nothing actually changed. After all, these results are really just percentages vaguely indicating that I am associated with several specific regions on Earth. And really, that’s it. There’s no renewed sense of self, no reconnection with my past, just a bunch of percentage points.”

Take a few moments and read Monterroza’s article. He does present an interesting point of view.

And note, that genealogy is a formidable task of wading through reams and reams of papers and films. It is the searching for and the researching of those glimpses into the past of who and when your ancestors and ancient family existed. It is not necessarily a percentage or estimate provided by a corporation. A corporation and/or organization that is currently examining their bottom line and net return on subscription dues.


Just my opinion.

This is my 1,622nd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 191,925 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment