Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, November 12, 2018

Days 537, 538 & 539 – (AD 1,698) – 24.1, 24.0 + 23.7 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

I now have 1,420.7 miles to go.

I pedaled 24.1 miles Friday morning on my Schwinn 170. I cycled another yesterday, and this morning I pedaled 23.7 miles. Totals are now 36,780.9 miles; 59,193.2 kilometers.


My destination is Ulysses Fossae. As I continue, I am now located at 80.60%.

Something to think and make sure to do something about –

Reading – “Are You suffering From Empathy Deficit Disorder?”, Psychology Today, Douglas LaBier, Ph.D., April 12, 2010.

"First, some explanation of what I mean by EDD: When you suffer from it you're unable to step outside yourself and tune in to what other people experience, especially those who feel, think and believe differently from yourself. That makes it a source of personal conflicts, of communication breakdown in intimate relationships, and of adversarial attitudes - including hatred - towards groups of people who differ in their beliefs, traditions or ways of life from your own…

Most people are socially conditioned into believing that acquiring and achieving things are "normal" - even "healthy" - ways to live. EDD grows when people focus too much on acquiring power, status, and money for themselves. Nearly every day we hear or read about more extreme examples: people who go over the edge in their pursuit of money, power or recognition, and end up resigning their jobs, in rehab or behind bars…"

And the best news is that I was able to make the 73rd cup of coffee our the almost new Orenda Coffee machine. Costs of each cup to date is $5.95. Once we make our 361st cup , we will be only paying for the coffee beans.

Even though I did purchase this marvel of an Orenda Coffee machine, I will never ever use Kickstarter again to purchase an item.

Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/

This morning's new baked bread - Sourdough Fried Red Onion.


Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Our Cranes Quilts Update -

2 more sets of blocks completed tonight for our Cranes Spectrum. 2 more sets to go, then 4 tops.


Follow our progress, past and present, of our Hope - Cranes Quilts - Project at our Quilts SB Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/QuiltsbySB/

Yes, we are obsessed. Check out our Obsession notes at Quilts SB - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/2018/04/origami-cranes-our-obsession.html

Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

Part 925ks – 1762 Marriage of 5-Times Great-Grandparents Johann Friedrich and Maria Sophia (née Satzger) Katz


This is my 1,739th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 209,847 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58a@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment