Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 403 – (AD 833) – 22.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Yes I Am On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. Yes I still got up and got on this obtrusive fitness cycle sitting just outside the bedroom. I have now pedaled a total of 17,363.1 miles; 27,943.3 kilometers.

This morning I continued pedaling south on Bruce Highway. I managed to bypass the small town of Tully, population in 2006 about 2,500.

The other notable thing about Tully is that it is arguably the wettest place in Australia with an average yearly rainfall of 13.1 ft. and the highest ever annual rainfall in a populated area of Australia 25.9 ft. in 1950.

Tully - 2006
Tully - 1935

According to Google Maps I am now located, by cyclist, at Lot 1 Bruce Highway, Silky Oak, Queensland. By car I am located, the same spot at Lot 9. (I’m still trying to understand the designation ‘Lot ’.)


Finding a Palindrome (reverse), today May 10, 2015 at 1:50:51 – is the same 150510-015051.

It is a wonder how many fabricated thoughts are perpetrated via the Internet today. I received such notice.

May 2015 will have 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens only once every 823 years. The Chinese call it silver pockets full.

This right in that May 2015 has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays. But this is nothing special or unusual. You will not have to wait another 823 years (that’s a myth) for the next time this happens in the month of May. Only 11 years later, in 2026, May will also have 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays.

In fact, a calendar month that contains 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays occurs nearly every year - in 2016 both January and July will have 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays.

And we do have a supervisor who wants us to work at the Max.


Yes the piecing continues on the second half of the top of our new quilt, Moon Over Bayshore.  Follow our progress at Quilts SB.



And for those writers who have any allegiance to the NRA, the following item could prove a constant pain when pausing through the TSA airport security scanners. The bullet shaker pen.

My question is why bother? BIC is alright by me. You know what they might say… big pointy writing thing, small ______. Only $24.99.


This is my 890th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 68,193 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment