Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Day 234 – (AD 1,139) – 23.6 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – 26 Days Left On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled 23.6 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals to date: 24,388.7 miles; 39,249.1 kilometers; Part IV – 5,399.2 miles.



My location this morning according the Austrian version of Google Maps is Voitsdorfer Straße 10, 4551 Ried im Traunkreis, Austria.





Countdown – 26 pedaling days left.







I’ve been doing pedaling, doing it the Cardio Fitness, since December 2, 2012.

Diabetes And Exercise: 20-Year Study Shows Higher Levels of Cardio Fitness Lower Risk of Type 2 Diabetes”, Medical Daily, Justin Cuba, May 16, 2016.

“Exercise is often recommended to diabetes patients looking to improve their blood sugar, insulin sensitivity, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels. Some doctors even call it a prescription for diabetes management. Although experts have agreed that physical activity is beneficial for controlling diabetes, research has not been so definitive when it came to preventing the condition. Until now.”

And yes I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a many number of years ago, but I am now and have been for some time continuing to control my diabetes. I was, prior to Jim's Trek, on a regime of medications to control my blood sugar. I no longer take any diabetes medication and I have been able to maintain a positive control of my blood sugar count. My fasting blood sugar this morning recorded in at 108 mg/dL.

I finished the last episode of the 2nd season of The Last Ship. Will pick it up again once the 3rd season begins. I found a new cycling companion TV series Humans, a series about artificial intelligence and robotics. Not as fast paced as The Last Ship but Humans is the type of sci-fi drama that always catches my thoughts.

Humans

This is my 1,239th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 93,833 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment