Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, May 30, 2016

Day 243 – (AD 1,148) – 22.4 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – 15 Days Remaining On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,


Vanda orchid continues to bloom.


Today I pedaled another 22.4 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals – 24,596.2 miles; 39,583.8 kilometers. Only 15 pedaling days remaining. Bloody hell, I want this to be over. Today is my 1,148th day pedaling on my Schwinn Fitness cycles.

According to Google Maps, and I’m still headed in an easterly direction, I am at A96, 87719 Mindelheim, Germany.



Last night I had a strange dream. It was sort of a weird Target-type dream. I was waiting, and waiting for my appointment at a Target store for my contact who was the supposed Public Affairs person regarding some-sort of public benefit program she and I were going to create.

This Target was some place in a location like Temple, Pennsylvania. As my contact was running late I decided to shop around and then wait in the parking lot. The lines were way too long with a stream of senior ladies all dressed in red from some sort of quilting hospice meeting place.

The employees started closing the Target store for lunch. I decided not to wait in the single line that snaked back into the children’s department. Then, sort-of, all at once all hell broke loose.


Various animals appeared. Raccoons, foxes, monkeys, and chimps and others, and they were helping themselves to any and everything from the shelves of the store. I was able to get myself out into the parking lot in a nick of time. It was then it happened.

A large grey male lion started coming at me. He was roaring at me with the intent of, (of course this was my dream so I can think of any dastardly deed that may have been on his mind), getting at me. All that I had separating me from this ostentatious and wonderfully gigantic lion was my empty Target shopping cart.  (Oh yeah I had put everything I had intended to buy back as I truly didn’t want to wait too long in the line of red-clad lady quilters.)

After roaring at me and edging forward, the grey lion shook his mane and then pranced away. I believe I was soaked in sweat and fear.

And do you know what? The Public Affairs contact never showed for the earlier meeting nor did she make it to the rescheduled one later that afternoon. Guess I won’t be going back to Temple, PA, in my dreams, anytime soon.

A quick update of a new quilt – We’re Sailing. Top has been completed and piecing done. Quilting design has been chosen. This one is a quick make.



This is my 1,248th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 94,898 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment