Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Day 244 – (AD 1,149) – 22.1 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Now 24,618.3 Miles On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,



This morning I clocked another 22.1 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals – 24,618.3 miles; 39,619.4 kilometers.

Google Maps has me pinpointed at A96, 88319 Aitrach, Germany.



14 more pedaling days and 1.1% of my total goal remaining.

And my early morning fasting blood sugar count hit 100 mg/dL ; the equivalent of 5.5 mmol/L.


My Soapbox –


We, The United States are in for one hell of a ride.



And I read this – “The Seven Broken Guardrails of Democracy”, The Atlantic, David Frum, May 31, 2016


“Here’s the part of the 2016 story that will be hardest to explain after it’s all over: Trump did not deceive anyone. Unlike, say, Sarah Palin in 2008, Trump appeared before the electorate in his own clothes, speaking his own words. When he issued a promise, he instantly contradicted it. If you chose to accept the promise anyway, you did so with abundant notice of its worthlessness. For all the times Trump said believe me and trust me in his salesman patter, he communicated constantly and in every medium that there was only thing you could believe and trust: If you voted for Donald Trump, you’d get Donald Trump, in all his Trumpery and Trumpiness.”  


This is my 1,249th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 94,961 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment