Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, September 25, 2017

Days 258 – (AD 1,420) – 23.2 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled my Schwinn 170 23.2 miles. I am keeping to my allotted time frame of 60 minutes and the bike’s resistance level of 15/25. I succeeded in topping my previous calories burned marked once again. This morning the bike registered 978 calories burned. Grand totals on this 1,420th day of cycling are 30,112.8 miles; 48,461.9 kilometers. All things being equal I still 8,088.8 more miles to go.


And I have now completed 25.2% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.

I am really pleased with my current efforts of reducing my A1c. (That’s the 90-day calculation of my early morning blood sugar count.) This morning my A1c calculated at 6.22.




Supper last night was Beef Kofta Curry with Parmesan Eggplant.



Reading - (tongue in cheek)

Scientists just discovered the first brainless animal that sleeps”, The Washington Post, Sarah Kaplan, Sep 24, 2017.

The Cassiopeia jellyfish spends most of its life resting upside down on underwater surfaces. (Photo courtesy of Caltech)

The jellyfish have no research papers to keep them awake past their bedtimes, so the scientists prevented them from sleeping by “poking” them with pulses of water every 20 minutes for an entire night. The following day, the poor creatures swam around in a daze, and the next night they slept especially deeply to make up for lost slumber.

Soapbox –

#45 is tweeting beyond the capacity of his brain power.


This is my 1,520th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 182,128 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment